For government agencies, the challenge is to operate efficiently and provide citizens with excellent service. This in an environment of continuing reductions in funding and loss of experienced employees due to retirements and downsizing.
Both federal and state agencies need to communicate clearly, in ways that the public can understand and use. In particular, regulations they publish must be “accessible, consistent, written in plain language, and easy to understand.”
Information Mapping works with government agencies to
- ensure that the communication with the public is in plain language and easily understood
- maintain continuity and quality of service by capturing the knowledge of experienced employees before they retire
- reduce costs by creating e-architectures for web sites that make it easy for the public to find information they need rather than having to call for help
- transform paper-based documentation into structured, modularized content that supports easy access, quick distribution, and centralized control to facilitate revision and updating
- create clear, user-focused policies, procedures and training programs.
Information Mapping’s government clients include
Department of Human Services (Vic) | Australian Tax Office | Department of Primary Industry (NZ) | Dept of Defence (NZ) | Dept of Defence (Aus) | IP Australia | Workcover NSW | Road and Traffic Authority (NSW) |
Also, see these global case studies.